Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Registering

First of all Happy Belated Mom's day to all the mom's out there. Mom's make the world go round, the rest of us are just along for the ride.

Last weekend we finally got to Baby's R Us to register. WOW. We have read so many reviews and seen so many things its hard to choose what to go with! It actually wasn't as bad as we thought it might be. The internet helps as we can just earmark things and then go update from the comfort of our home. We also luckily ate before, so hunger didn't factor in. There's a lot though. Its not like wedding registry where you just get things you think look cool mostly, there is safety and style and durability and 20 other factors. Its funny, after doing all the leg work and looking up strollers and stuff like that and then trying them out, you notice how many people have those items. I think we are going with the Chicco stroller/car seat and I can't count the number of those I now saw over the weekend. Its sort of like since accepting with Sprint I have noticed that Jack Bauer rocks a sprint phone (that's a reference to ), Claire and the cast on Heroes rock Sprint phones. If he new how to use one, Tim Riggins (Friday Night Lights) would likely rock a Sprint phone and I have begun to notice which people around me use it. Anyways, I digress, but yeah, if you have a stroller, I now know a lot more about it:)

Lela's still keeping on. She's been busy at work, so Cooper and I haven't seen her much. She's still faster than me on the road runningwise, so that keeps her happy. That reminds me, if you see me gimping around keep your comments to yourself. I had arch problems so I was on a mission to get my feet back into shape and had started icing diligently. Of course we got a new ice pack which was colder than the previous one and didn't put something on my skin because I thought it couldn't hurt. Of course, now I have frostbite. yes, its May and I have frostbite on my feet, its basically just like a first degree burn and hurts to walk on, so I am trying to apply stuff to help, but basically I just look like a 70 yr old man as I limp around.

Started the new job yesterday. A lot of info to absorb! Hopefully things start to click soon, right now I just try to get through all of my admin stuff along with trying to get a clue. I didn't have email or even a phone over the weekend which was good in some ways, but its one of those things where you just feel naked without it after its become integrated into your life!

No pics this time, we'll get one of the belly up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment